The base of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is Self Defense. Everything else comes after that. It doesn´t matter if you are in striking range, clinch or on the ground BJJ has the tools to survive in every distance
In this new 4 volume video series BJJ Blackbelt Björn Friedrich will teach you how to apply BJJ to modern day self defense scenarios.
“Control the Chaos – BJJ Tactics for Self Defense” is one of the most comprehensive BJJ Self Defense Instructionals on the market today. BJJ Blackbelt Björn Friedrich created this 4 volume video series with a running time of 5 hours to cover defenses and strategies against the most common street attacks.
In volume one Björn explains how to deal with the most common striking attacks and safely close the distance to enter clinch range. He shows prefight stances, preemptive attacks and the effective use of the Pisao the BJJ Front Kick.
The system he is teaching is simple and works even in high stress situations and for people who have no background in the striking arts.
In volume two Björn teaches how to control the clinch range. He goes over different control positions and how to protect from strikes or biting attacks. Besides that he covers extensively how to control the hands of an opponent so he can ́t grab into his pocket to pull a weapon.
He also covers how to use punches, elbows, knee strikes and headbutts from the clinch without sacrificing the own dominant position.
In volume 3 Björn covers takedowns and standing submissions. He shows simple and effective takedowns that can be executed on concrete without hurting oneself. All the takedowns work from strong control positions. Additionally he shows chokes and other standing submissions that can be used to finish an opponent while standing.
In volume 4 Björn explains the most important techniques and principles to win a fight on the ground. He shows how to prevent an opponent from biting and how to control someones hands so he can ́t reach into his pocket to pull out weapons, etc. Besides submissions he also shows some techniques to restraint and control.
Preview Vol. 1
Preview Vol. 2
Preview Vol. 3
Preview Vol. 4
What you will learn in this series:
- Basic self defense strategy
- How to use striking in BJJ
- Fundamentals of closing the distance
- The 3 prefight stances
- The 3 most important elements of clinching: Structure, Pressure, Timing
- The importance of Kuzushi
- Defense against the Haymaker
- Defense against a straight punch
- A drill for better footwork
- Defense against push and punch
- Defense against slap and punch
- Defense against kicks
- How to use prefight stance No.3
- Preemptive attacks
- How to reset the if closing the distance goes wrong
- How to deal with open fight scenarios (challenge match type of fights)
- The 2 distances in open fight scenarios
- The defensive Pisao (Front Kick)
- The offensive Pisao (Front Kick)
- Three most common reactions in an open fight scenarios
- How to deal with southpaw opponent
- Frontal Control (Bodylock)
- Punch defense from Frontal Control
- Headlock prevention and defense
- Strikes from Frontal Control
- Wrist & Hand Control details
- Back Control (3 positions)
- Transitions between Frontal and Back Control
- 2 on 1 Control
- Head and Arm Control
- Front Headlock
- Transitions and punch defense from the 50 / 50 Clinch
- Ko Soto Gake
- Single Leg Takedown
- Pull Down from the Front Headlock
- Quick Pull Down from the Head and Arm Control
- Towel Takedown from Back Control
- Tani Otoshi
- Standing Back Take
- Pull Down from Back Control
- Standing Submissions
- Attacks from the Seatbelt (Back Control)
- Attacks from the Seatbelt II (Back Conttrol)
- Attacks from the Seatbelt III (Back Control)
- Follow Up from the Single Leg Takedown
- Attacks from Side Control I
- Attacks from Side Control II
- Attacks from Mount Position I
- Attacks from Mount Position II
- Attacks from Turtle & Back Control